Monday, January 17, 2011

Friends

Life is not fair, as we all know. Just ask Susie from down the street, whose huband died in a motorcycle wreck a few days after Judy called it quits. It sucks.

But there are redeeming qualities to our existence, and the most valuable one is that we can have friends. Let me just say that I appreciated all those e-mails, cards, bottles of beer (:)), and warm thoughts today. I know I am not alone, even though I often feel like it.


Nine of us adult denizens plus two adoring little girls had a wonderful evening, with brisket, potato salad, a Jürgen Special pupu platter, beans, fine beverages, and even a birthday cupcake (above pic courtesy of Martha's iPhone), all accessorized with Judy's crinkled napkins, Keith Jarrett, and a fire in the hearth despite today's 73-degree spring weather. I love my friends, just the way they love me. I don't know where I'd be without them.

Thank you all.

Jürgen

No comments:

Post a Comment